The Plastic Grass Pavers ecological parking lot is a type of park parking lot that features environmental protection and low carbon functions. In addition to high green coverage and high carrying capacity, it has a longer service life than traditional ecological parking lots. It also has super strong permeability, which keeps the ground dry and allows trees to grow and water to flow underneath. This creates a shaded area surrounded by green trees, making the traffic smooth and exemplifying the concepts of ecology and sustainability. This article will explore the construction methods of ecological parking lots from three aspects: ground paving, landscaping, and supporting facilities.
I. Ground paving
From an engineering standpoint, the ground of ecological parking lots should have materials with a high load coefficient, strong permeability, and good thermal conductivity to achieve energy-saving and emission reduction goals. The current paving materials used in parking lots are Plastic Grass Paverss and permeable bricks. In terms of cost-effectiveness, Plastic Grass Paverss are recommended for the ground material of ecological parking lots. The Plastic Grass Pavers paving not only meets the requirements of vehicle load-bearing, but also overcomes the defects of impermeable ground, such as “slippage,” “splash,” and “night glare” caused by driving. It is beneficial to the safety and comfort of city transportation and pedestrian walking, especially suitable for rainy areas in the southern region.
Precautions for plastic lawn planting grid construction:
1. The crushed stone foundation requires compaction, and the degree of compaction should consider the bearing pressure. The surface should be flat, and a drainage slope of 1%-2% is best.
2. Each Plastic Grass Pavers has a buckle link, and they should be interlocked when laying.
3. It is suggested to use high-quality nutrient soil to fill the Plastic Grass Pavers.
4. For grass, Manila grass is generally used. This type of grass is durable and easy to grow.
5. After one month of maintenance, parking can be used.
6. In the process of use or after the rainy season, if there is a small amount of planting soil loss, it can be uniformly sprinkled with soil or sand from the surface of the lawn to fill the soil lost due to rainwater erosion.
7. The lawn needs to be trimmed 4-6 times a year. Weeds should be removed in a timely manner, fertilized, and watered frequently or equipped with automatic sprinkler devices in hot and dry seasons. Necessary maintenance management work should be done.
Pergola parking lot: The parking lot builds a pergola above the parking space, and sets up cultivation slots inside or around the pergola to form a shaded area by planting vines.
Arbor-planting parking lot: The parking lot plants trees between parking spaces to form a shaded area, and configures flower shrubs and other plants to create a good landscape effect.
Tree-lined parking lot: The parking lot plants trees to form a shaded area. Trees are planted in rows between each column of parking spaces or between two columns of parking spaces.
Integrated parking lot: A tree-lined parking lot formed by various combinations of tree-lined, arbor-planting, pergola parking, or other landscaping methods.
III. Supporting facilities
1. Parking lot signs.
2. Lighting facilities.
3. Sunshade facilities.
The Plastic Grass Pavers ecological parking lot pays attention to reducing the adverse impact on environment, using ecological materials and plants to create greener and more environmentally friendly parking spaces. It not only has the function of removing water pollution, but also purifies the air, absorbs noise, and improves the visual effect of the parking lot. It makes the parking lot a part of shaping the modern ecological urban landscape.
Post time: Mar-31-2023